Location: Irvine, California
Martina Smigura is an Associate Attorney at Lanza & Smith. Her practice focuses primarily on business and real estate litigation, and she has worked on various phases of civil litigation in both New York and California. Prior to joining Lanza & Smith, Ms. Smigura’s focus was mostly on civil litigation in California.
Ms. Smigura graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology. She received her Juris Doctorate degree from Brooklyn Law School in Brooklyn, New York, and is admitted to practice law in both California and New York, including federal and state courts.
Martina has handled many civil litigation matters through resolution, in state and federal courts, including actions involving unfair competition, fiduciary duty, directors & officers liability, malicious prosecution, securities, wage and hour class actions, fraud, defamation, conversion, trade secrets, interference with economic relations, and several contract disputes and related business torts. She also has substantial real estate litigation experience, including nuisance, trespass, construction claims, negligence, premises liability, title disputes, and breach of real property contracts.
Areas of Practice:
- Business Litigation
- Contract Disputes
- State and Federal Trial Practice
- Employment Law
- Partnership Disputes
- Real Estate Litigation
- ADA Liability
- Complex Litigation (class actions)
- New York State Bar, 2011
- California State Bar, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California – 2018
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California – 2018
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California – 2018
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California – 2018
Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- Juris Doctor – 2009
University of California, Los Angeles, California (UCLA)
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science – 2006
- Bachelor of Arts, Sociology – 2006