Location: Irvine, California
Ramin T. Montakab is an associate at Lanza & Smith. His practice has primarily focused on business and real estate litigation since 2014. Prior to joining Lanza & Smith, Mr. Montakab litigated at mid-size and national litigation firms, representing fortune 500 companies in civil litigation, contractors in construction defect cases, and financial institutions in secured lending litigation. Mr. Montakab also worked at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company, counseling corporate executives on financial and legal issues including tax planning, executive compensation, wealth transfer strategies, and estate planning.
- Mr. Montakab has represented the country’s largest financial institutions in wrongful foreclosure litigation including claims under the California Homeowners’ Bill of Rights (HBOR), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), and Real Estate Fraud.
- Trial Experience: Mr. Montakab successfully represented a grocery store chain in a ten-day jury trial obtaining a complete defense verdict in the Superior Court of California, County of Orange.
- Trial Experience: Mr. Montakab was one of two trial attorneys in a complex civil matter, successfully reaching a verdict for Plaintiff in the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles.
Mr. Montakab has handled complex litigation matters in state, federal, and appellate courts. These have included lawsuits involving fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, products liability, malicious prosecution, and contract disputes. He also advises start-up companies and established businesses. He advises on corporate entity formation, negotiates and drafts buy-sell agreements, non-competition agreements, asset sales, stock sales, commercial leases, licensing agreements, and other business transactions.
Mr. Montakab graduated from the University of California, Berkeley, and received his Juris Doctorate from University of San Diego School of Law. At USD Law, Mr. Montakab received a Student Leader Scholarship award and awarded first place in a Mock Trial competition.
He is admitted to practice before all California state courts and the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Real Estate
- Trial Practice
- Complex Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- Commercial Landlord/Tenant
- Corporate Law
- California, 2014 (state Bar license)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2017 (federal court)
UNIVERSITY OF SAN DIEGO SCHOOL OF LAW
- J.D. – 2013
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, BERKELEY
- B.A. Political Economy – 2007
- Orange County Bar Association
- California Bar